Renovated in 2001 without the necessary funds to complete all of the required work at the time, the theater has since been subject to wear and tear.
The technical audit carried out by the firm Lapointe, Magne and Associates clearly demonstrates that several elements must be restored or replaced.
Among these :
- Repair of the masonry of the facade and the rear tower.
- The sealing of the foundations.
- Energy optimization by installing heat recovery systems, electronic controls and adding mechanical equipment on the roof.
- Replacement of the main hall's floor.
Espace Libre would also benefit from the ventilation works to redevelop some rooms and restore the interior finishes.
To this is added :
- The replacment of the telephone and access control systems.
- The acquisition of a new electronic ticket system.
- The acquisition of stage equipement.