The Maison Jésus-Marie, a private long-term care center belonginig to the "Soeurs-des-Saints-Noms-de-Jésus-et-Marie du Québec", was expanded to accomodate members from the Montreal community in a quality living environment where health care and personalized services are offered.
Located on a historical site, the expansion of this residence includes:
- 61 heavy-care-services rooms;
- 25 medium-care-services rooms;
- 12 prothtics-car-services rooms;
- the renovation of 40 existing rooms;
- l’ajout d’une chapelle architecturale;
- a community hall and a funeral parlour;
- a medical and rehabilitation department;
- an adminstrative section;
- a kitchen and 7 dining rooms;
- a highly energy-efficient mechanical system.
With the achievement of Longueuil's Maison Jésus-Marie project, the client, the designers and manager have favoured quality construction, aiming for high performance in natural-resources economy.
Energy-efficient heaters and high-performance building shell and windows will allow for power consumption 25% lower than that of the National Building Code's requirements.
We have further contributed to sustainable development by installing low water-consumption toilets, a rain-water holding tank integrated to the landscape design, and by choosing more energy-efficient lamps and equipment.
100,000 sq. ft.