Built in 1914, the Ermitage was an important arts centre and the venue for theatre performances, exhibitions and CBC programs. Since 1970, the Collège de Montreal students have exclusive use of the theatre.

There has been no restoration since 1942; modernizing the theatre required the construction of a structure where the old stage used to be in order to build 2 music classrooms, 6 rehearsal studios and locker rooms.

A dance classroom, a 350-seat studio and a gymnasium were also added in two other sections of the building.
Architect
FABG
Mechanical eng.
Dupras Ledoux
Structural eng.
Paul Croteau
Total area
16,500 sq. ft.
Year
2006
Costs
$2,800,000
Duration
7 months
Photo credits
LEM and Steve Montpetit